A Summery Home In Five Steps
Summer is here! Not everyone can make big decoration changes every season, but sometimes just details can be enough to create a different and pleasant space at an affordable price, I’m really excited to try some new things this summer!
Thinking about some of the things I’m always changing in a room, I’ve come to the conclusion that I can create a summer atmosphere in my living room with only five details.
1. I can use fresh or citric scented candles this summer. Smells really make a difference in how we feel, the best part is that we can find them in lots of scents, colors and prices.
2. Pillows can be very affordable and make a big difference in a room, I love making them. If you decide to make your own check out this tutorial, how to make pillows covers, and reuse the ones you already have at home. If you can not find summer fabric prints choose one or two summery solid colors and combine them.
3. Art can be cheap if you look in second hand stores or print an interesting and refreshing quote. You can also change some of the family photos for others at the beach or other past summer adventure, seeing a different landscape can help to create a warm atmosphere.
4. Centerpieces are an easy way to add a bit of summer, just add some fruits or sand, shells and a starfish inside a vase. An economic idea for flower arrangements is to use jars or soda bottles as vases, check out these awesome ideas.
5. I would love to have a summery dinning set, If I can’t find one in my budget, a fruit bowl or snacks plate can be enough to add a little spice in those special dinners this season.
Shells, starfish, snails and dead branches are the perfect touch for decoration during summer, easy to find or really cheap, adding a little summery accent that doesn’t break the bank and looks great is perfect for another great summer in the sun.