26 Things You Don’t Know About Me
Today I’m writing a post that’s a bit unusual for the blog. I have always wanted to do a list like this one but I guess I just thought too much about it and I never did. At first I wasn’t sure if I wanted to share so much about my life but I have to admit that I love when other bloggers do it. It makes me feel connected with them and see they are real and human. So Yesterday I thought about it and I decided to gave it a try, why you may ask? Tomorrow is my birthday! and I thought if I’m going to do something like this, my birthday would be the perfect excuse. So here it is:
26 Things you don’t know about me:
- Tomorrow I’m turning 26 years old. And I have to admit that I’m starting to not feel so excited about adding more years onto my age.The years are flying by, it’s scary. Gosh I am getting old!
- I was born in Mexico City. Then we moved to southern Mexico. I lived in Veracruz, Campeche and Tabasco before I end up on Asheville, NC.
- My cousins and childhood friends used to call me destroyer. Apparently I was mean and destroyed lots of things.
- When I was 4 years old I was obsessed with ninja turtles… and chucky.
- I have a sister and two brothers. I’m the oldest.
- I’m scared of frogs.
- I have a dog named Kyra. She is a poodle mix, she was a present from my sister when I turned 21.
- I lived in Vina del Mar, Chile. I studied abroad in an interior design exchange program there. That is where I met Jordan, the love of my life.
- I’ve travel from border to border in Mexico for a month with my best friend, Edith, and Jordan. Jordan drove from North Carolina to the border, I took a flight from Tabasco with Edith, and we met him there. Then we drove back to the south of Mexico. For a month, the three of us had a blast, we visited lots of different cities, partied a lot and ate lots of dark chocolate covered espresso beans
- Before going to school for interior design I wanted to be an engineer.
- Even though I’m a bit shy, I love being surrounded by extroverted people.
- I’m a black belt in taekwondo.
- The two movies I can watch over and over are The Devil Wears Prada and The Lord of The Rings, The Two Towers.
- I try to eat healthy, but I just can’t resist french fries and chips.
- I fold napkins when I am nervous, or just have nothing to do with my hands.
- My favorite ice cream is rum raisins. Yumm!
- To pamper myself I love painting my nails. I soak my feet in hot water, bring all my pedicure materials and turn on a movie. It’s so relaxing.
- I’m a constant worrier and my feeling get hurt easily. Sometimes I feel like I let negative vibes affect my mood too fast. The good thing is that even though I absorb all the bad things I also take in all the good things. Thats why I love being around positive people or spending sad days making something I love, it reminds me how good my life is and to forget about the other stuff.
- My favorite animals are butterflies and polar bears.
- Moving to the states was really hard for me. I felt lonely for a long time. I left my business, my car, my apartment, my family and friends in Mexico, in a few words, my whole life. I knew that I needed to start from zero but realizing that was really hard at first.
- I was chased by a peacock on a zoo. Peacocks are mean!
- I judge myself a lot. I always want to do more and try harder. Sometimes it can be overwhelming.
- I hate recipes. I can cook easy things or invent something with what I have in the refrigerator, but please, don’t give me a list of more than 5 ingredients, I will not follow it.
- I love helping others, if I could, I would save everybody in the world.
- I enjoy just driving around. When I need new ideas or to escape from the house for a little bit, I take my things, sit in the car and I just start driving. Thats why I love going to get coffee in places on the other side of the city, just because I love driving a little bit more.
- Sometimes I have entire conversations with my dog.