Citrus Craving for your Kitchen
Do you remember my last color decor post about the refreshing color lemon sorbet? Well, I received great comments about this color, I can see, yellow tones are definitely one of the most loved colors for living rooms. Yellow tones are happy and fun and they reminds us of a fresh lemonade on a hot summer day. Today I thought I would share another great color inspired by my citrus craving I’ve been having lately, orange!
One of the places I like seeing orange walls are kitchens, they look fresh, creative and add a warm feeling to the space. Orange also makes me hungry for some reason, it reminds me of my parents dining room walls, they are painted in a bright orange, almost red, tone, and look awesome.
I made these two color palettes using two different orange tones I would love to have in my dream kitchen. The first one is a mandarin tone, it would add a refreshing and charming sensation to any space. The second one is something closer to a terracotta, less bright, an earthy touch for ethnic and natural details. They both look fantastic!
Color Combo Tips:
- Wall Color. This mandarin tone is a refreshing color for a kitchen, it looks great in contemporary spaces, combining light wood tones and chrome appliances.
- To calm down the brightness of this bold color a bit the ceilings are painted in a sand tone. It adds the perfect amount of calm in the space, and keeps that brightness from getting too strong.
- Light wood tone for the bar.
- The chrome tone on the appliances and some other accessories help to create a modern and contemporary atmosphere.
- Plants and flowers always help to bring is some natural beauty, creating a happy and relaxed place to receive family and friends.
- This color has a hint of brown, so I would describe it as a bright terracotta tone. With this wall color I would love to add ethnic and rustic accessories to bring the space up to a whole new level.
- The ceilings are in a jícama tone, the calm color balances out the bright orange on the walls.
- Dark wood bar as a perfect focal point.
- Plants and fruit bowls splash the room with fun colors and create a lovely place.
- Don’t forget to add some flowers!
Which palette was your favorite? Leave us your love or add some other color tips that have been working for you.