Walls with Dark Furniture
Discover 7 colors for your walls that will make your dark brown furniture look amazing.
Since dark brown furniture began to get popular, I’ve this question on my mind, does every color go well with dark furniture? Well, if you ask me now I would said, yes. For me any wood tone could go well with every wall color you can imagine, but it is also true that some colors just make that dark tone stand out.
HERE ARE 7 COLORS THAT WORK WELL WITH DARK BROWN FURNITURE:
Image credits: Collage created with“Interiors” by Tom Merton, “For sale: Chesterfield four seater sofa” by Sebastiaan Ter Burg, and “Dovetail Dresser” by Disriks. Licensed under CC BY 2.0. The original versions can be found here, here and here.
1. A light blue gray tone is a perfect calm tone for a bedroom. I love the way the walls and the furniture work together, the effect is so modern and clean.
2. I adore sand tones, they make everything feel so calm and they absolutely work well with dark brown sofas and coffee tables. The advantage of using a neutral shade like this one, is that you could transform the atmosphere of the space very often. Add yellow accessories in summer and sophisticated plumb elements in the winter for an always renewed space.
3. If you loved the sand tone (image above) but want to make the room a bit darker and cozy, go for a latte color. I had that tone in my old apartment and I never got bored of it, it’s so versatile.
4. Yellow is a great color to create a dramatic and warm effect. Add rustic or vintage elements around the space for an interesting look. Yellow is a great color to use to make that gorgeous vintage trunk you found in the antiques shop pop.
5. White always go well with everything including dark brown furniture. I would definitely add some colorful accessories to the room to make it look happy.
6. What do you think about the powerful effect of a tangerine tone? The effect is dramatic and energetic. I love the idea of adding some ethnic textiles, like a rug, to make the room feel like a jungle.
7. Dark on dark. Who would have thought that this combo would look so chic? Some metallic and contemporary accessories would make the room simply fantastic!
Other colors that look great with dark colored furniture are pastel pink and coral. Pink is a warm color, really relaxing, feminine and harmonious. This color is would look great on your girls nursery, especially if the crib, dresser and other pieces are in a dark brown color. For boys, a pastel yellow or blue-gray (something like picture # 1 above) would be adorable and chic.
I’m not going to lie, I’m not a big fan of green with dark colored furniture, but if you really love green tones, look for an apple green which will give to your space a relaxed and natural look without fighting with the intensity of the dark brown. For accessories, use elements in beige, white or gray. Keep everything else neutral.
BTW, now that I’m nesting in our new apartment I find myself looking for inspiration everywhere. I bought a dresser and a coffee table in a dark chocolate brown and I’m loving it!
YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- 3 Ideas to Color Your Living Room
- 5 Tips for Mixing Patterns and Colors in a Space
- How to Decorate a Small Patio with lots of Color: Before and After
- Awesome Color Palettes for your Living Room
I hope you can find that perfect color for your walls that make your dark brown furniture pieces stand out. I would love to hear about your space or any question you may have, contact me at [email protected].