Happy Home

Awesome Color Palettes for your Living Room

A few awesome color palettes for your living – dinning room area

Color Palettes for your Living Room

Three ideas to color your living room has been one of the most popular posts on live colorful. I’m so glad to see that people are really liking my advice and letting me help them with some tips for their homes, it has been really rewarding. So today I want to do something similar and show you how to create a kick ass color combo for your home using one of my favorite rules:

Painting 80% of your walls in a neutral color and the other 20% with another color. It’s one of my favorite options, It’s safe, easy and it looks great. Sometimes we are scared to paint with too much color, but doing it with a neutral tone and then adding color on just one wall doesn’t sound that scary, right?

Here is the lovely home of one of my readers that I helped on her journey a couple weeks ago. I fell in love with her big windows and the natural light in her home, it’s really pretty. She asked me to help her a little bit with her color decision, we decided to go for something cozy and warm since she is trying to survive the cold in Germany. Orange for the dining room and soft yellow for the living room will bring so much joy to her cold days, don’t you think?

Color Palettes for your Living Room

So she let me share her home with you guys and show you my favorite color combos using the same rule of 80% neutral and 20% color.

Color Palettes for your Living Room

A lot of readers ask me if they can paint their dining room with a color and living room with other color. Here are some ideas. The neutral walls make the other colors stand out, I love that.

Color Palettes for your Living Room

 

Color Palettes for your Living Room

 

Color Palettes for your Living Room

 

Color Palettes for your Living Room

 

What do you think? Have you ever considered doing something like this in your home or do you prefer painting with more or less color? 

Leave a Reply