Spring Decorating. It’s all about Colors, Textures and Smells!
Just when I begin to see rabbits and birds in the shop windows, I start putting tulips on my dinning table and buying candles with cherry blossom scents. I love filling the apartment with things that remind me of spring, and I even start to buy everything I see in pastel colors, sometimes things that just do not make sense, like soaps or cleaners. I think these little details make my home feel, smell and look different, something between fresh and delicate, very appropriate for this time of year.
The great thing is that I really do not spend much money on creating this environment, I only incorporate small elements around the house, things that are on my shopping list every two weeks or so anyway.
1.Pastel Dip Dye Effect Vase by ColourandTwine / 2. As seen on Apartment Therapy – Pastel Geometric Pillow by Nirwa / 3. Porcelain Tea Light Holders by Graham and Green / Gerber Daisies Peel & Stick Giant Wall Decals / Spring by Dawn Gardner
5 Things that will help you Create a Spring Environment in Your Home:
1. Vases and Flowers. A nice centerpiece for the dining room using seasonal flowers is an easy, quick and inexpensive way to bring the colors and scents of spring to your home. I own a couple glass vases, very modern and neutral. Although the vases never change, every time I bring home new flowers, the atmosphere is transformed! flowers add instant positive energy and I love that pop of color.
2. Candles and Scented Cleaners. Smells are so important to create a unique and different atmosphere. To incorporate them in your decoration, buy candles, incense and even cleaning products with seasonal scents, fruity, florals and candy smells. Imagine sitting in the afternoon to read your favorite book while you light a peach and vanilla scented candle, amazing, right?
3. Textiles. I’m addicted to every kind of textile used in decoration. I believe that the textures and colors on them have a special power that can transform your home instantly. If you would love to transform your home this spring, a new rug and a couple of cushions would definitely do the trick, I promise. The great part about the cushions, is that you do not have to spend much money, instead of buying new ones, it’s easy to make your own covers so you can remove them when autumn arrives as if nothing had happened.
Don’t miss the tutorial: How to Make your Own Pillow Covers
4. Wall Decals. These kind of stickers are an amazing way to make your walls look different without having to paint all over again.
5. Art and Photos. What better way to add color and give a special touch to your home than changing the art on the walls for something related to nature or changing family photos for something that reminds you of the season. When spring is here, I like to take some photos from our wedding and put them in picture frames or put them on the refrigerator, it’s just something about reliving the good times we spent at our wedding which was precisely this time of year. The colors and flowers that appear in the photos also make me smile. It’s about all those little details…
How do you get your home ready for spring? Do you use different colors for the season than the usuals?