DIY: Nail Polish Marbled Pumpkins
Remember the project I made a couple of days ago as a Fall contributor at Club Chica Circle? Well, I wanted to see how a pumpkin would turn out using the same marbling technique, and I have to say that I really like it! I use mine as ring holder next to the jewelry organizer I made with the twigs. The bright colors and silver sparkles look so great that I’m thinking about making a couple more and use them as Thanksgiving centerpieces, wouldn’t that be great?
- White Acrylic Paint
- Paint Brushes
- Metallic Spray Paint (Optional)
- Colorful Nail Polish
- A Plastic Container and Water
1. Paint your pumpkins with one or two layers of white acrylic paint.
2. Add a thin layer of silver spray paint to give it a shiny and glittery finish. This step is optional.
3. Mix the nail polishes in a plastic container with water at room temperature. Start adding each nail polish color gradually until you have a circle that will cover half of the pumpkin.
4. Submerge the pumpkin in the water for a few seconds.
5. Place the pumpkin face down on a plastic bag or a piece of paper and let it dry for a couple of hours.
Now you are ready to decorate your home with these cool and colorful pumpkins!
All steps are almost identical to the ones I shared in the other tutorial here. Just remember, the bigger the pumpkin, the bigger the container and extra nail polish.
I’m looking forward to plan our colorful Thanksgiving decorations this year!