Valentine’s Day Hot Cocoa (Free Printable)
Valentine’s Day besides being all about romanticism and love, it’s also a great excuse to celebrate friendship.
With that in mind I decided to recreate the delicious homemade hot cocoa jars I gave away as baby shower favors and give them as Valentine’s Day gifts to my best friends.
The hot cocoa is really easy to make and all the ingredients can be found in almost any store.
One of my friends found this recipe on Pinterest, it’s from Mels Kitchen Cafe. Makes about 20 servings of hot chocolate and is going to fill about 6 small mason jars like these. You can also buy a package of marshmallows and add them to the jars.
- 3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1½ cups cocoa powder, dutch-process or natural
- 1½ cups white chocolate chips or finely chopped white chocolate
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Whisk together all ingredients in a large bowl. Pulse the ingredients in a food processor until the chocolate is finely ground. You can store the dry mix in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- To make the hot cocoa, put 1/3 cup of the cocoa mix in a mug and stir in 1 cup of hot milk.
Check out the full recipe and other tips at Mels Kitchen Cafe.
If you are feeling extra creative, you might try to make your own marshmallows. Here is a recipe to make the most adorable marshmallows I have ever seen, and they look delicious too.
I made these cute tags with the recipe on them you can add to the jars so your friends can make the hot cocoa at home. Download the printable here: Valentine’s Day Hot Cocoa (free printable) | Live Colorful
I attached the tags with a few strips of ribbon. It was the perfect extra detail.
I hope you enjoy this easy Valentine’s Day gift idea, your friends will, I promise!