DIY: How to Make a Headband in 6 Easy Steps
You might know how much I love everything colorful and bright, including my clothes. So when I find products that help me keep those bright hues intense, I keep them close.
A few months ago I started using method laundry detergent and I couldn’t be happier with the way it keeps colors bright and whites really white. I have to confess that I couldn’t stop looking at them in the store, their bottles are adorable! They stand out next to the other boring bottles because well, they look modern, fun, and are super colorful.
Other cool and important features, their bottles are made with 100% post-consumer recycled materials and all of them include an easy-to-use grip instead of a handle because handles on bottles make them not fully recyclable (cool, huh?). They are also fully transparent so you can see their actual colors. My laundry area has never looked so happy and fresh!
I can’t enough of the ASOS and method collaboration. I read the announcement over Refinery29 a few weeks ago, and I fell in love with one of their fun patterned dresses, the yellow one. The whole 10-piece line is a playful treat. If you haven’t seen it, you can check out the method – asos collection here.
I was so inspired by those fun prints and method colorful bottles that I decided to make a headband for my summery outfits! I love how it turned out and it was so easy to make.
Would you like to make one? Check out the 6 easy DIY steps:
- Fabric (I got a remnant of fabric 22 x 22 inches)
- Sewing machine or thread and needle
- Cut a strip of fabric 44 x 11 inches. Since I used a square, I cut it in half and sewed it together to make the 44 x 11 inch piece.
- Fold the fabric leaving the ugly part of the fabric outside and sew all the edges.
- Cut the corners at an angle.
- Sew that part to close the headband. Leave a space open (approximately 2 inches) That’s how you are going to turn the fabric inside out.
- Now turn the fabric inside out so the pretty part is outside.
- Sew the corner that is still open closed.
Now you are ready to rock a fun and colorful headband!
And remember to take care of that one and all your bright clothes using method detergent. You can use the code THREEFORME for $3 off your online purchase here.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.