5 Reasons Why Giving Cards for the Holidays is Awesome
Honestly there’s nothing like getting a card in the mail, email is awesome, but something about having an actual card from someone you love, it just makes it so special. Check out these 5 Reasons why giving cards for the holidays is awesome.
The first time my parents received a card in the mail from me was four years ago, just after I got married and moved to the United States. They were really surprised and excited. The truth is that before I moved, my family didn’t have the habit of giving cards at all. So of course, when they saw the card in the mail they didn’t know what to expect. But as soon as they opened it my mom called me to say thank you. It was such an easy detail from my part that ended up being really special for my family.
After that we started to try to send cards on special occasions. My husband’s family does it all the time and I have been getting used to it.
This holiday season I couldn’t be more excited about sending some cards to my family in Mexico. I’m not going to be able to travel for the holidays, which makes things a little bit nostalgic. Awesomely Hallmark had beautiful cards in English but also Spanish that my family will understand that express exactly what I want to say to my mom, dad, mis abuelitos and my brothers and sister.
After getting used to sending and receiving cards all these years I’ve come up with a few awesome reasons to send cards this holiday season:
- It has a nostalgic value of something beautiful that a person you love touched it before giving to you.
- You can feel more of the personality of the person who sent it to you when you see their handwriting on a card.
- It reminds the people that you love that you are thinking about them.
- It’s a great way to express a feeling, to share something funny or beautiful through a quote or an illustration.
- Honestly, there’s nothing like getting a card in the mail, email is awesome, but something about having an actual card from someone you love, it just makes it so special.
I also love getting some cards with cute illustrations or cheery quotes to decorate the Christmas tree. It feels so good to be able to read and see those funny, positive, heartfelt and festive quotes during this joyful time.
This holiday season, let Hallmark help you celebrate and connect with family and friends. I’m giving away five cards in a set (3 holiday and 2 everyday) and a $25 Hallmark Gift Card this week in celebration of the holidays!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hallmark. The opinions and text are all mine.