Lifestyle

5 Reasons Why Giving Cards for the Holidays is Awesome

Honestly there’s nothing like getting a card in the mail, email is awesome, but something about having an actual card from someone you love, it just makes it so special. Check out these 5 Reasons why giving cards for the holidays is awesome.

This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Hallmark and Latina Bloggers Connect. All opinions, images and ideas are my own. Thanks for supporting the sponsors!

5 reasons why giving cards for the holidays is awesome | LiveColorful.com

The first time my parents received a card in the mail from me was four years ago, just after I got married and moved to the United States. They were really surprised and excited. The truth is that before I moved, my family didn’t have the habit of giving cards at all. So of course, when they saw the card in the mail they didn’t know what to expect. But as soon as they opened it my mom called me to say thank you. It was such an easy detail from my part that ended up being really special for my family.

After that we started to try to send cards on special occasions. My husband’s family does it all the time and I have been getting used to it.

This holiday season I couldn’t be more excited about sending some cards to my family in Mexico. I’m not going to be able to travel for the holidays, which makes things a little bit nostalgic. Awesomely Hallmark had beautiful cards in English but also Spanish that my family will understand that express exactly what I want to say to my mom, dad, mis abuelitos and my brothers and sister.

5 reasons why giving cards for the holidays is awesome | LiveColorful.com

After getting used to sending and receiving cards all these years I’ve come up with a few awesome reasons to send cards this holiday season:

• It has a nostalgic value of something beautiful that a person you love touched it before giving to you.
  • You can feel more of the personality of the person who sent it to you when you see their handwriting on a card.
  • It reminds the people that you love that you are thinking about them.
  • It’s a great way to express a feeling, to share something funny or beautiful through a quote or an illustration.
  • Honestly, there’s nothing like getting a card in the mail, email is awesome, but something about having an actual card from someone you love, it just makes it so special.

5 reasons why giving cards for the holidays is awesome | LiveColorful.com

I also love getting some cards with cute illustrations or cheery quotes to decorate the Christmas tree. It feels so good to be able to read and see those funny, positive, heartfelt and festive quotes during this joyful time.

5 reasons why giving cards for the holidays is awesome | LiveColorful.com

This holiday season, let Hallmark help you celebrate and connect with family and friends. I’m giving away five cards in a set (3 holiday and 2 everyday) and a $25 Hallmark Gift Card this week in celebration of the holidays!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Visit a Hallmark.com to find the perfect holiday (or everyday) cards for your loved ones. 5 reasons why giving cards for the holidays is awesome | LiveColorful.com Check out Hallmark in Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more inspiration.

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hallmark. The opinions and text are all mine.

Tags:

21 Responses

1. Kayley says:

I don’t usually mail out cards, but rather give them with gifts.

2. Wanda Lopez says:

All your reasons are so spot on. I love to give cards all throughout the year, specially during Christmas. It is so special and meaningful.

3. Sara Strauss says:

I love getting cards in the mail!! It’s so fun! Snail mail is the best! This is a really great idea!
    ~Sara

4. Siempre envio cartas a mis familiares y amigos!!

5. Hallmark cards are super cute! I love getting and sending cards to friends… There is nothing like a handwritten note from a loved one

6. Monica Lemus says:

Las tarjetas son una linda forma de demostrar el cariño, me gustan mucho los mensajes que tienen las tarjetas Hallmark

7. Teresa Garza says:

A mi todavía me encanta regalar tarjetas … Por más tarjetas electrónicas o textos, creo que es un detalle delicado y personal el entregar una tarjeta.

8. Cesar Diaz says:

Giving cards to everybody we love if great. Hallmark is always making great ones for the holidays. Thank you for gift card.

9. I love this idea! I always give cards and I love getting them from my friends

10. Creo que dar buenos deseos en navidad es algo que llena de energía positiva este mundo… voy a participar ya en el sorteo, nos gustan mucho las tarjetas hallmark.

11. Me encantaron tus fotos y tu post, me animaste a comprar más tarjetas para enviar este año a mis seres queridos!

12. Mrs. AOK says:

I love sending and receiving happy mail! I’m actually sending some happy mail out today to my family and friends. My 13 yo daughter also filled out cards for her friends back in SC, and I’m addressing the envelopes for her to send out today.
    XOXO

13. s.yissele says:

Que lindas tarjetas y el árbol te quedo bello, muchas gracias por el sorteo! Saludos!

14. MARTHAIA says:

Sending cards out to family & friends …..Hallmark is always a special gift to send or get !!!! Thanks

15. LaTanya says:

my family

16. Jessica To says:

I send cards to my family and close friends.

17. Lauren says:

I send them to friends and family.

18. Shelley says:

I mail out cards to family and friends.

19. Monica says:

I don’t give cards enough and you’ve reminded me of how special a tangible though is. I need to send more. :)

20. Meghan Silva says:

Bit late to see this post but I love this idea… Great post!

Meg | Meghan Silva’s Blog