How to Make Heart Shaped Rainbow Pancakes for Valentine’s Day
This Valentine’s Day say “I love you” with heart shaped rainbow pancakes and strawberries! Check out the recipe and VIDEO.
I wanted to share this simple idea about how to make rainbow (extra colorful) pancakes to celebrate with your boyfriend, husband, friends and all the special people in your life this Valentine’s day.
The recipe is pretty simple and looks adorable. You can easily make tons of them in case you are hosting a brunch with friends or just to surprise the whole family in the morning.
- Pancake mix
- Food coloring (as many colors as you want to create)
- Plastic or glass bowls (One for each color)
- Heart shaped cookie cutter
- Read instructions on the pancake box and make the mix.
- When it’s ready, pour the mix into the bowls.
- Add one or two drops of food coloring in each bowl. Add more drops if you want the color to be more intense.
- Mix the food coloring using some spoons until the color looks uniform.
- It’s time to make the pancakes! Heat the pan, add a drop of butter and start cooking the pancakes.
- When the pancakes are ready, use the cookie cutter to give them a heart shape.
- Cut the strawberries in a heart shape too using a knife. Check out the video to see how I did it (The video is in Spanish but it will give you a better idea of all the steps and how they look)
- Add whipped cream on the top and decorate each pancake plate using the strawberries.
Aren’t these adorable and delicious? I know you will love the idea.
Check out the video here: