How to Make Colored Bath Salts
Learn how to make relaxing bath salts with a simple homemade recipe and personalize them with your favorite color! This is a great gift idea for friends and family on Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day or as party favors on a special occasion.
Taking a long bath is one of my favorite things in the whole world. It’s the perfect opportunity to listen my favorite podcast episodes and relax.
Since this has become one of my weekend beauty routines, my husband bought me a book with tons of bath salts and bath bombs recipes. Some of them are really easy, and can be made with ingredients that a lot of us have already on our kitchen pantry.
I’m sharing with you one of my favorite recipes. I added color to the mix as a fun touch.
I shared the video tutorial on Youtube (watch it below). The video is just in Spanish, but it will give you a better idea of all the steps.
This recipe makes 4 8-ounce jars.
- 1 ½ cup of epsom salts
- ½ cup of iodized sea salts
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- ½ cup of baking soda
- 5 drops of food coloring
- 20 drops of pure undiluted essential oil
- 4 8-ounce mason jars
- Start mixing all ingredients in a bowl. Pour the epsom salts, iodized sea salts and baking soda first, then add the coconut oil, food coloring and scented oil.
- Use a wire whisk to mix all ingredients until you have a uniform mix.
- Start filling the mason jars with your amazing bath salts. Keep one and give away the others! That’s why I think these bath salts are a great homemade gift idea for friends and family.
Here is the video: