How to Make Flower Crown with Ribbons and Pom poms
Flower crowns are still awesome. They add a fun touch to any summer outfit. You can wear them for a special occasion, a pool party, or just because you want to feel special and different in a Monday afternoon.
A recent event inspired me to make one. I wanted to use durable materials so I could storage it and use it in the future. I bought some artificial silk flowers and added my own colorful touch using pompoms and ribbons.
Check out the video (minute 5:02) to see how I made mine.
- Artificial flower
- Floral Wire, 22-Gauge
- Green Floral Tape
- Pom Poms
- Ribbons (1 yard of 5 different colors)
- Measure your head to calculate the size of your crown. Cut the floral wire and add 2 inches on each side to wrap it and close it. Close the wire in a semi-circle shape and wrap the edges as much as you can.
- Start tangling the artificial flowers on the floral wire. Arrange them on the front of the crown.
- When you are happy with the way the flowers look, tangle floral green tape around the whole crown to cover the floral wire and the wire from the artificial flowers.
- Now add the ribbons! When you finish, trim them to a desired length. You can leave a few longer than others for a playful look.
- Colorful pom poms, of course! You can sew them or glue them on top of the ribbons for a fun touch.
Your summer outfits will never be boring if you wear this colorful accessory!