How to Paint Perfect Polka Dots
A few months ago, I got together with some friends to make some kitchen helper step up for the kids using a tutorial my friend found on Pinterest. It was such a fun project, but it ended up being more challenging that we thought. It took us a few weeks to finish it, and when it was ready, I was too tired to paint it.
This week finally made some time to add some color to this step up and it looks better than ever.
I used a trick to make perfect polka dots using some decorative wall decals that I found on Amazon. You can use the same technique to paint walls, and even make interesting shapes using different wall decal designs!
Check out how I paint the polka dots in the video tutorial below:
- Acrylic latex paint. Finish: Semi-Gloss
- Polka dots peel and stick wall decals
- Prepare your surface. Sand and clean your piece of furniture so it’s ready for painting.
- Apply the first layer of paint. This will be the color of your polka dots.
- Add the polka dots decorative wall decals all over your piece of furniture.
- Apply a second layer of paint. This will be the color of your whole piece of furniture. Let the paint dry for a few hours.
- Now the magic happens! Remove the wall decals carefully. Now you have awesome polka dots all over the place!