For a long time I’ve wanting to share with you this recipe about how I make my homemade granola. I make it often, and some of you asked me about the recipe, so here it is
My mother in law shared a recipe with me a long time ago and I lost it, so I started to make my own recipe using the things I remember about her recipe ha ha, and it actually turns out yummy! One thing I like about making granola is that I always can change ingredients and use what I have at home. Some days I use walnuts, and others sunflowers, chopped cashews or almonds or mix two or three of those using the recipe measurements. But the end result is always similar, and so delicious!
This recipe takes about 10 minutos to prepare and 60 minutes to bake. It’s something you can start in the morning while you are cleaning the house, playing with your kid or making your art. This recipe makes about 5 cups of granola and will last approximately three weeks if you store it in a airtight container.
- 3 cups of oats
- 1 cup of cranberries
- ¼ cup of sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup of chopped almond seeds
- 6 tablespoons of water
- 3 tablespoon of agave
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Turn on the oven to 250 degrees
- In a bowl mix the oats, cranberries, sunflower seeds and almond seeds.
- In another bowl mix the water, agave and vanilla extract
- Add the oats, cranberries and nuts to the bowl with the water, agave and vanilla extract and mix together until they are completely covered
- Spread the mix in a large cookie sheet.
- Bake for 60 minutes but come back every 15 minutes to move the granola with a spoon so it doesn’t burn in just one side
- Let it cool and store in a container with a lid and enjoy!