Have you ever struggled to find books for your bilingual kids that are in Spanish and Spanish/English? I have! That’s probably why I’m extremely happy for being able to partner with Sol Book Box and host a giveaway so you get to try their service too.
Sol Book Box is a subscription service for parents raising bilingual (English/Spanish) kids. The service is designed to help kids celebrate the fact that they’re bilingual and often bicultural, helping them feel proud of their heritage with books and activities that have a special cultural meaning.
This is exciting because in our house we are obsessed with books, especially picture books for kids. We get a new book every week or so, no kidding, and we love having them around the house so my toddler can pick them up and enjoy them anytime he wants.
In our home we talk to my toddler just in Spanish, we want him to be fluent in both languages and we are confident that he will learn English in school and by interacting with other people everyday, but we want to give him as much exposure to spanish as we can so he has a strong foundation of vocabulary and grammar. But finding books written in Spanish and Spanish/English is not that easy, and sometimes they are not culturally relevant, so something like Sol Book Box is ideal, it makes it so easy to get books and activities to play with Jax directo en casa.
Como funciona Sol Book Box?
- STEP 1: Choose a size. First, choose your box depending on the age of the child. The options are Spanish Board Book Box, best for children ages 0-2, Spanish Picture Book Box, best for kids 3 and older.
- STEP 2: Choose a frequency. Then select the length of your subscription.
- STEP 3: Get a package! Finally, proceed to checkout to complete your subscription!
Reading to kids is extremely important. My husband and I just took a parenting class a few weeks ago where we learned about the benefits of reading daily to your kid such as:
- Reading creates a special bond with your child.
- If reading is pleasurable experience to them, they will have a positive attitude towards reading as they grow up.
- Preschool children who are exposed to language by hearing words that are read to them and in conversation tend to do well in school.
- Reading cultivates a love of learning.
- Reading encourages your child’s imagination
- Reading builds a strong foundation of vocabulary and grammar in Spanish.
Today we are playing with a box that we received for Jax. Check it out to see what’s inside in the video above and don’t forget to enter the giveaway to win one of these boxes. You can win the “Colores” box for babies OR the “El ritmo que bailo” box for bigger kids.
To enter the giveaway you need to follow us on Instagram. here are the rules.
Enter the giveaway HERE
- Follow @livecolorfulco on Instagram
- Follow @solbookbox on Instagram (must be following both to win)
- Tag as many friends as you want in SEPARATE comments in this post (no giveaway accounts por favor). Each tag is an entry!
IT’S #GIVEAWAY TIME! Today I’m partnering with @solbookbox to give one of their lovely subscription boxes to one of YOU. I just shared a new YouTube video (link in bio 👆) so you can see what we got inside our #SolBookBox. Jaxon approved it! He had tons of fun playing with the toys and reading the books. ➡️ Enter the giveaway for a chance to win the “Colores” box for babies (0-2 years old) OR the “El ritmo que bailo” box for older kids. ——————————————➡️ GIVEAWAY RULES 1. Follow @livecolorfulco 2. Follow @solbookbox (must be following both to win) 3. Tag as many friends as you want in SEPARATE comments (no giveaway accounts por favor). Each tag is an entry! BUENA SUERTE! ——————————————-For US residents only Giveaway runs through Thursday March 30th at 9:00 am PST ———————————— @solbookbox is a subscription service for parents raising #bilingualkids (English/Spanish). The service is designed to help kids celebrate the fact that they’re bilingual and often bicultural, helping them feel proud of their heritage with books and activities that have a special cultural meaning 🙂