We are a few days away from Halloween and the Day of the Dead celebrations. That put us in the mood of making a super fun and easy tutorial show you how to make and decorate chocolate skulls using a different kind of candy!
- 3D Sugar skulls mold (Similar to the one we got on a local store)
- White chocolate (500 grams)
- Candy, chocolate chips, colored edible confetti
1. Melt about 90% of the white chocolate in a double boiler carefully. Check the temperature regularly. Turn off the stove when you get a liquid chocolate consistency.
2. Pour the white chocolate in your skull molds, do it slowly and carefully. Then put your chocolate skulls in the refrigerator.
3. Wait one or two hours until yours skulls feel firm.
4. With the white chocolate leftovers, do the same as step # 1. When the chocolate is ready, pour it into a small container and use it to glue the candy.
5. Have fun decorating the chocolate skulls!
Check out the tutorial that we made last year, it’ll explain more in detail how we made the chocolate skulls. We decorated them with melted white chocolate painted with food coloring. It was fun!
More Day of the Dead projects and ideas here.