Add color to your wooden spoons and other kitchen utensils with this easy and fun DIY tutorial!
I found a package of wooden spoons and other kitchen utensils on sale the other day. I was really excited because I needed new ones for the kitchen. I also wanted to paint them just like I did with my old ones a few months before in this tutorial: Color Your Kitchen Utensils.
I love to see all that color everyday, and decorate them is really easy and fun. I also shared a video, that is only in Spanish, but it will give you a better idea of the process and easy steps This would be an amazing gift for friends, family or your sweet mommy on mother’s day!
- Wooden spoons or other kitchen utensils
- Nontoxic acrylic paint (different colors)
- Brushes and toothpicks
- Mod podge or any other transparent wood sealer. I used one natural and nontoxic called Bulls Eye Clear Shellac in my other DIY project and it worked great as well.
1. Apply tape to delineate the area where you want to paint your wooden utensils.
2. Paint them using different colors. You can use a plastic cup and leave the wooden spoons upside down until they get dry.
3. This is optional. Use a toothpick or skewer stick to draw some dots and create a fun pattern.
4. Add two or three layers of mod podge. Wait approximately an hour between layers. This would protect the paint from dust and water.
Above, behind scenes of making the YouTube video. I love sharing this kind of images so you can see a little bit of the creative process.
I hope this easy DIY tutorial inspire you to add more color to your kitchen and decorate your wooden spoons and utensils!