DIY: Newspaper Flowers
Newspaper Flowers and recycling!
Last week I helped decorate an event here in Asheville that helps raise funds that support the YWCA and it’s programs. It was a black and white event, we threw some other colors in there to add some fun, but really tried sticking with that black and white theme.
I wanted to create a kind of forest for the entrance and use some glittery dry branches and paper flowers, so trying to stay in budget it ocurred to me make the flowers with newspaper which just happened to work perfectly with out theme, and at the same time doing some recycling, two awesome things in one idea.
How to make newspaper flowers:
1. Use 7 to 8 newspaper sheets and stack them on top of each other.
2. Fold them in a zig-zag like a paper fan.
3. Tie in the middle with wire.
4. Round the edges with scissors and open them like a bow tie.
5. Unfold sheet by sheet carefully to create the flowers.
Ready! Flowers for party events with newspapers!
You can see that we use at them at the entrance and also decorating some picture frames that we hang on the ceiling, Asheville YWCA Black & White Gala
I hope you like. Have a nice day! xoxo Elba