How to Make Your Own Pom Pom Dress
Use pom poms to add color and personality to a boring old plain dress you already have sitting around the house.
I wanted to start this summer with a white dress and I decided to make it from scratch since I couldn’t find one I liked in the stores. The funny part is that it took me longer than I thought and when it was finally done, I discovered that it looked a bit plain and boring. Luckily I found some colorful pom poms in my drawer and thought they would give that dress the fun look and personality I was hoping for.
With the pom poms the dress looks so much better. I wore it two days ago and loved how fun and quirky it looks, it definitely made me feel happy.
- A basic dress preferably in a solid color
- Colorful 1/2-Inch Pom Poms
- Needle and thread or glue gun
- Lace. I used about 4 meters (157 inches)
- Sew or glue the pompoms on one by one. I left a about 3cm (1.5inches) between each but you can put them closer if you want.
- You can also glue or sew lace along the edge of your dress as a cute detail and complement to the pompoms. It was a last minute idea but I definitely loved how they look together.
Clever and easy. Now you have a beautiful outfit full of colorful pompoms, how cool is that?