DIY: Colorful Mugs for a Colorful Project
Ever since I moved out of my parents house I started collecting coffee cups. It was one of those kitchen accessories that was affordable and for some reason they make me happy. There are never too many mugs for me, I love having one for every mood!
I wanted these coffee mugs ever since I saw them at Anna’s Linens. Honestly I just love the colors, but I must confess that I imagined them being great small flower pots in my kitchen, the colors and size are perfect for a creative project like that.
First, let’s talk about these mugs:
1. I love mug sets for newly married couples or single people who just moved to a new space. Four cups are more than enough to start, this package comes with a metal rack that is quite handy especially if you don’t have lots of cabinet space.
2. The cups are medium size, approximately ¾ of a regular cup. If you are a person who never finishes a full cup, these cups are the perfect size for you. I am one of those people and I really enjoy the perfect amount of coffee in morning.
3. An important detail to consider are the circular handles. They can be a bit small. My husband tried them, his fingers are not as thin as mine but he didn’t have any problem with them. Some people could find this uncomfortable so it’s something to think about.
4. I used them in the microwave and everything worked well. The ceramic doesn’t get too hot which is always a good thing, I hate burning myself with a super hot cup.
5. Last but not least, I love the variety of cheerful colors, they are great for happy kitchen decor.
There are some other things you can do with a set like this one that you would love, like the project I mentioned before. I added some curious cactus in the mugs and put them in my kitchen window. They work great as small flower pots, they are lively and colorful, a charming detail I love seeing each morning.
Aren’t those colors adorable? How else have you used coffee mugs?
Hope you have a great day! – Xo, Elba