Ever since I moved out of my parents house I started collecting coffee cups. It was one of those kitchen accessories that was affordable and for some reason they make me happy. There are never too many mugs for me, I love having one for every mood!
I wanted these coffee mugs ever since I saw them at Anna’s Linens. Honestly I just love the colors, but I must confess that I imagined them being great small flower pots in my kitchen, the colors and size are perfect for a creative project like that.
First, let’s talk about these mugs:
1. I love mug sets for newly married couples or single people who just moved to a new space. Four cups are more than enough to start, this package comes with a metal rack that is quite handy especially if you don’t have lots of cabinet space.
2. The cups are medium size, approximately ¾ of a regular cup. If you are a person who never finishes a full cup, these cups are the perfect size for you. I am one of those people and I really enjoy the perfect amount of coffee in morning.
3. An important detail to consider are the circular handles. They can be a bit small. My husband tried them, his fingers are not as thin as mine but he didn’t have any problem with them. Some people could find this uncomfortable so it’s something to think about.
4. I used them in the microwave and everything worked well. The ceramic doesn’t get too hot which is always a good thing, I hate burning myself with a super hot cup.
5. Last but not least, I love the variety of cheerful colors, they are great for happy kitchen decor.
There are some other things you can do with a set like this one that you would love, like the project I mentioned before. I added some curious cactus in the mugs and put them in my kitchen window. They work great as small flower pots, they are lively and colorful, a charming detail I love seeing each morning.
Aren’t those colors adorable? How else have you used coffee mugs?
Hope you have a great day! – Xo, Elba
I imagine that many of you have seen this furry chair around the internet at some point. If not, let me tell you that this funky chair is made of balloons and it has this cheerful vibe that gave it the name of “Happy Material” The awesome guy behind the idea is the industrial designer Pini Leibovich. There is something magical when you see common materials used in a different and creative way.
A happy chair design is the perfect thing to check out and start off the week, lots of colors and bunches of balloons!
Start the week with a big hug! -Xo, Elba
Color Mood: Living a pink life
This week has been insanely awesome!! I have so many things to tell you but I’m gonna wait until I have more information about my plans. In the meantime I just want to let you know that life has been pink for me lately and I’m incredibly grateful and happy about it. Sometimes I ask myself if I really deserve so many blessing in my life, but I guess when good things happen what you need to do is hold on to them really hard and smile, don’t ask too many questions, just enjoy the moment and do your best to be happy.
I really wish the best for all of you, I really do. Lots of laughing out loud, cozy hugs, free parking spots and all the other lucky things.
Here are some colorful links for a happy weekend:
- These lovely creatures are albino dolphins, normal dolphins are already cute, but the uncommon albinos are pink, that makes them a bit more adorable!
- I have been obsessed with the Acapulco chair for the last couple days. It’s definitely one of my favorites designs of all time, so colorful and refreshing.
- I mentioned here and you can see it here, I would love to dye my hair pink or purple some day! but honestly I’m a bit scared about bleaching my hair, what if I hate it? This colorful chalks can be added to the hair so easily and removed with just some water. Best thing ever!
- How cool would it be to have a pink ceiling? I look for ideas and found this one. Just Fantastic!!
Enjoy your sunday. Lots of love, Elba