DIY: Easy Halloween Pumpkins with Personality
Say hello to Mr. Bandido and Mr. Pirate, they’re vampires by the way!
At first I just wanted to carve some eyes and add some vampire teeth with or pumpkins this year, but when I was shopping I spotted a package of mustaches and eyebrows for Halloween costumes that look pretty funny and just perfect for the pumpkins. The project turned out awesome. I love my new mean-funny little guys.
Halloween project cost: $9 dollars for both pumpkins.
- Pumpkin $ 3
- Vampire teeth $ .50
- Eyebrows $1 for a package of 6 pieces ( you can make your own using a sheet of felt or foam, look for the free template below)
- Mustaches $1 for a package of 6 pieces (you can make your own using a sheet of felt or foam, look for the free template below)
Eyebrows and mustaches here: Eyebrows and mustaches Template
1. Clean out the pumpkin. Make sure you get out all those seeds!
2. Carve some circles for the eyes and a rectangle for the mouth. The vampire teeth fit perfectly in a rectangle.
3. Glue the eyebrows and mustache to the pumpkin and add the teeth.
4. Personalize your pumpkins! Add a hat to make a Mr. Bandido or a bandana and an eye patch for Mr. pirate, an earring looks cool too!
For the eye patch: Cut a piece of black fabric to make the patch, you can use fabric, paper, felt or foam, make a semi circle and glue it or poke some hole through it for the yarn.
I hope you enjoy them! It was so much fun putting all the pieces together. Don’t forget to share your creative projects using hash tag #creativeweek or just share them with us in the comments below or our Facebook page.
Awesome pumpkins with character for less than $6 dollars. Link here.
Have a happy Halloween season. – Xo, Elba.