17 Things About Me
Summer has brought sunny days to California, and many many festivals and outdoor activities, not to mention that the World Cup kept me entertained these past few afternoons and weekends. Finally this past Sunday I felt like I could take a break from the stress haha, but it was a good final match, right?
I don’t know if you have heard of Shugar Love’s project called “All You Need is Love Project”. My friend Carmen started this movement to create and share inspirational stories of love on this planet. You can check out more about the project and join the revolution here.
The discussion this week was something fun and sweet. What makes you smile? I thought it would be fun to share some of the things that have made me happy lately and why not, give you the chance to share with us what makes you happy too.
What makes me smile?
- Looking out the windows in the morning
- The curly tail of my poodle that reminds me of a pig tail
- “Knocked Up” I love that movie!
- Afternoons at the park, drawing and listening to music
- Crafts and all kinds of colorful and creative projects
- Early walks through my neighborhood, I always find something cute or funny on my way
- Video chats with my family in Mexico. For some reason, my mom never finds the camera and we always end up just talking without video, but it’s still awesome
- Facebook …. on Sunday morning
- Chamoy candy, yummy!
- Painting my nails at night while watching tv and drinking chamomile tea
Also, my friend Merrie from Petite Career Girl has nominated me for an award!
2. List the rules and display the award.
3. Share seven facts about yourself.
4. Nominate other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
7 Things You Don’t Know About Me
1. I don’t have many things in Red. Only lipsticks, a few pieces of clothing and a few pans in the kitchen.
2. I love exotic flowers, my favorites are birds of paradise and emperors cane.
3. Sports that involve the use of hands scare me. I don’t mind kicking balls and people, maybe that’s why I practiced football (soccer) and taekwondo for years, but looking at a ball coming toward my face from far away terrifies me.
4. I never celebrated Halloween until I moved to the United States in 2010, can you believe it?
5. I always carry black eyeliner, red lipstick and sunglasses in my bag.
6. I’m obsessed with Law and Order and all kinds of police and detective TV shows.
7. I can’t get used to digital calendars for some reason, I just trust the paper ones more and I have mine on hand all the time.
Some bloggers and friends I would like to nominate are:
Thanks to Merrie for the nomination! Don’t forget to leave me a fact about you, something nobody knows like ….