Free Printable: Mini Papel Picado
The Day of the Dead (Día de Muertos) is almost here! I love decorating the house in the fall inspired by this celebration that, although sounds a bit sad and gloomy “Day of the Dead”, it’s quite fun. It’s about remembering our loved ones who passed away in a happy and above all, colorful way!
One of the most popular activities of the celebration is the papel picado, which is used in decorating the altar on November 1st and November 2nd. I created this Mini Papel Picado Printable for you to download, print out, cut and hang in your home and use it to decorate your altar or decorate a party or string along with your Halloween decorations throughout the fall!
- Mini Papel Picado Printable
- Colorful paper sheets
- Thread or yarn
- Hole punch
1. Download the PDF and print it on colored paper.
2. Cut each piece. I made a latte, decaf *sigh* #pregnant, turned on the television and sat for a few minutes to cut these mini papel picados while watching Law & Order. Relax for a few minutes and do something like this and you’ll be done before you know it. If you don’t want to cut every curve at the bottom, which can be a bit tedious, cut them in rectangle.
3. Make two holes on each side of each piece.
4. Pass a thread through all the pieces, you can play with the order of the colors for a fun effect.
5. Hang your mini papel picado and start enjoying this joyful celebration!
Interested in more Day of the Dead (Día de Muertos) ideas and projects? Check out these related articles:
- How to make a day of the dead altar
- How to make cempasúchitl paper flowers
- Free printable for the day of the dead
- DIY: The easiest punched paper
- DIY: How to make papel picado for Halloween