DIY: 8 Day of the Dead Projects
The Day of the Dead (Día de Muertos) is coming soon, and for all those who haven’t made their altar, here are some creative projects to decorate it, plus a list of materials and what they represent in this celebration.
1. How to Make a Day of the Dead Altar? A list of materials and what they represent in this celebration.
2. Free Printable: Mini papel picado. This is perfect for a small homemade altar.
3. How to make paper flowers. These colorful paper flowers would look pretty in your altar!
4. Free Printable: Picture frame for the Day of the Dead. A picture frame that will definitely add a special touch to your altar.
5. DIY: Day of the Dead colorful wreath. Love love this one!
6. Why do we use cempasúchil flowers for the Day of the Dead Altars? plus, how to make them using tissue paper.
This year I’m not going to make the altar at my house, I will be visiting my parents in Mexico, that means that I’m gonna wait to enjoy some delicious pan de muerto with hot chocolate when I get there, I’m so excited!
For all those that don’t celebrate day of the dead, check out some crafty and creative ideas related to Halloween and fall decorations here. Wow! It’s going to be a fun fun weekend! Are you excited?