Coloring Books: 5 Benefits for Adults
Coloring books aren’t just for kids!
The other day I read this article about how coloring books can be as great as watching TV after a busy day. I have always being one of those people that love coloring books and that believe that they have many benefits, especially for relaxing.
I have memories of me in high school coloring princess coloring books and applying all kind of crazy eyeshadows on them to find interesting color combinations. Recently I started a new collection of coloring books with interesting patterns, I have bought a few of them from museums from trips and others I found online, like this one, Tiempo Libre from Free Period Press, with simple patterns that let me play with colors and even has a few blank pages where you can fill it with your own doodles!
Check out my 5 benefits of coloring books as an adult:
- It can be relaxing. Coloring has a de-stressing effect. One of the reasons can be that when we focus on a particular activity, we tend to think less about our concerns.
- Coloring stimulates the brain and senses and develops engine skills, imagination, and creativity.
- Attention to detail. Coloring can help improve concentration and attention to detail.
- Patience. You need some time to color and fill in those lines perfectly.
- It promotes coordination. We used to spend much of our time playing and learning to develop coordination of our movements. We shouldn’t stop enjoying these activities as we grow up, the benefits can keep benefiting us as we age.
Coloring brings us many benefits and is a great way to spend the afternoon or night after a stressful and hard day.
Today I have to you a surprise! You can win this coloring book: Tiempo Libre, Un libro de patrones para colorear (Spanish Edition). Enter the giveaway here: