How To Make Adorable Dog Bows
Learn how to make a cute bow for your dog using a few pieces of fabric, thread and needle. It’s so easy and he will look ready to party!
Your dog is adorable, I’m sure, but imagine your dog, wearing a bow, yep, even cuter. I’m a big fan of accessorizing my dog, he’s not always as excited as I am, but most of the time he likes getting all the extra attention, so it’s mostly a win win. A cute little bow can go a long way, and may not bother your dog as much, as say, a hat or a sweater. Your dog is totally going to bring all the dogs to the dog park with this easy DIY bow!
- Fabric. You will need three pieces of fabric of 4 x 5 inches (10 cm x 12 cm), 4 x 9.5 inches (10 cm x 24 cm) and 1 x 2.5 inches (1.5cm x 6 cm)
- Needle and thread
- Some kind of brooch or clasp
- Cut the fabric in three pieces of approximately 4 x 5 inches (10 cm x 12 cm), 4 x 9.5 inches (10 cm x 24 cm) and 1 x 2.5 inches (1.5cm x 6 cm).
- Fold two pieces of fabric in half (4 x 5 inches (10 cm x 12 cm) and 4 x 9.5 inches (10 cm x 24 cm) vertically.
- Fold them again, but this time horizontally (as shown in the step #3).
- Add a few stitches to hold the fabric in place.
- Attach these two pieces together.
- Use the extra small piece of fabric (1 x 2.5 inches (1.5cm x 6 cm) to hide the stitches.
- Sew the back.
- Your dog’s bow is ready!
You can attach your new bow to your dog’s collar using glue or a few brooches or clasps. You can also make a simple collar, using fabric.
To make a collar you need to measure your dog’s neck or to get the length. You’ll need to make something like this, with the headband.
When your new collar is the perfect size for you dog, add the brooches and clasps to the corners so it close and your dog is ready to party with his adorable bow!