How to Make a Pom Pom Rug
Learn how to make a pompom rug perfect for your bedroom, living room, or anywhere you can think of. This decorative accessory will brighten your days with it’s modern, fun and super colorful design.
A week ago I went shopping in downtown Mexico City and saw some giant colorful pompoms and fell in love with them. So I decided to make something fun and thought about a rug for my bedroom!
- Colorful pom poms
- Fabric (Any solid color)
- Needle and thread or sewing machine
- Pencil or marker
- Make two circles with the solid colored fabric:
Mark a 23 inches diameter and draw a circle using a compass. I made my own compass using fabric (check out the video (BELOW. Which by the way is in Spanish, but it’ll give you a better idea of how to do this and all the steps) to see how, is super easy.
- Cut the circles!!!
- Use pins to stop the fabric from moving.
- Sew the two circles backwards.
NOTE. Remember to leave a small space open, about 3 inches, so you can turn the fabric over easier.
- After you finish sewing, remove the pins and turn the fabric over.
- Close that gap you left open.
- Start gluing the pompoms!!!! The more messy the more beautiful they will look.
Now you have a beautiful fun and colorful rug for your living room, bedroom or anywhere else you can think of!