How to Make an Amazing Easy Bean Bag Chair
I’m excited to share a new project created in collaboration with Digital Fabrics. It’s an amazing simple DIY tutorial to make a bean bag chair using 2 meters of heavyweight fabric (147 cm wide). I used one of my favorites designs from the LIVE COLORFUL collection, named cheery.
I was inspired by a simple tutorial that I found in Pinterest. I used the idea, but added some fun curves to make it look more organic. It was such a fun project and so easy to make!
- 2 meters of heavyweight fabric. I used waratah drill (147 cm wide). Design: Cheery.
- 2 packs of bean bag chair refill (100 Liter refill bags) (affiliate link)
- Sewing machine
- Fold the fabric and measure approximately 30 cm on one side of the fabric. Cut a curve.
- Fold the fabric in half lengthwise again. Measure approximately 15 cm on one side of the fabric. Cut a small curve.
- When you unfold your fabric, it should look like this.
- Then fold the fabric again, but backwards and add a few pins to keep the fabric in place.
- It’s time to start sewing!
- First, sew those two sides of the bean bag and leave an opening of about 20 cm to be able to fill the bean bag later.
- Fold the fabric again, so you can see the front of the bean bag. Add pins and sew to close the bean bag.
- Use a zigzag stitch to sew along the raw edge of your hem.
- Turn the fabric inside out and start filling the bean bag!
- Hand sew the bean bag closed.
You can make a bean bag liner using the same tutorial so you can wash the bean bag later 😉