DIY: Decorate your Own Holographic / Iridescent Shoes
We are obsessed with iridescent everything! Shoes, backpacks, lipsticks, nails and home decor items. So the other day, when I was about to throw away a pair of ugly shoes that I didn’t use anymore, I had the great idea of decorate them with that holographic/iridescent effect that we love so much.
I have been wanted to try a DIY inspired by this multicolored effect, and trying it for the first time in my old shoes sounded like a great experiment. Now they look alive and fun, and they can stay with me for a few more months.
Just as a note, make a pre-test in a small area of your shoe, or in a piece fabric so you can have a better idea of how it’ll look. The iridescent foil works different in each surface and texture, so make sure it works as you want in yours.
- Thoroughly clean the surface of our shoes.
- Use a spatula or card and spread the adhesive lightly over the area you want to cover with the foil iridescent.
- Cut a piece of foil, that fits in your shoe, and place on top of the adhesive.
- Use a clean rag to cover the foil and press with the hot iron for approximately 20 seconds.
- Allow the whole product to dry and then remove the layer of foil.
- Cut more pieces of foil and apply them until you cover your whole shoe.
I discovered that if you work in small areas the process is so much easier and it looks better.